Re: MacOSX and pg_service

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Tim Uckun <timuckun(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: MacOSX and pg_service
Date: 2012-01-25 21:52:36
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Thu, 2012-01-26 at 09:50 +1300, Tim Uckun wrote:
> > pg_service is only used when connecting. It has nothing to do with
> > losing connections. Or did I misunderstood something in you mail?
> >

> When I was having problems with connections dropping out I was advised
> to use a pg_service because it sets up keepalives and such like this
>
> keepalives=1
> keepalives_idle=10
> keepalives_interval=10
>
> This did seem to help when I told pgadmin to use the service it didn't
> drop the connections anymore.

Well, that explains why you use a service. But, actually, if you are
able to connect with pgAdmin to PostgreSQL using the service, then the
service configuration is OK. It doesn't explain the disconnection you
seem to have now that you're using Mac OS X.

With the informations you told us, I can only conclude that the problem
is not pgAdmin or the pg_service file, but Mac OS X.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info