Re: v1.14 SQL editor collapsing feature

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Ken Haley <khaley4(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: v1.14 SQL editor collapsing feature
Date: 2011-11-13 09:02:01
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
On Mon, 2011-11-07 at 09:26 -0600, Ken Haley wrote:
> I think there is a point: (a) the block folding option (as I think it's
> called elsewhere) is buggy -- it doesn't seem to handle nested if's
> correctly, sometimes mis-matches parentheses, etc.  (b) Several times, I've
> accidentally collapsed a block trying to highlight an entire line (using
> the far left margin).  It's annoying to have to open the block back up and
> find the line again. This needs to be an optional feature, I think.

Well, if it's buggy, it should be fixed. There's probably not much we
can do here as it is part of wxWidgets but at least, we can move the
information upstream. So, if you have any *detailed* information of that
kind, please, give it.

I agree on the second part.

I have nothing against adding an option on that feature. That would be
fairly easy to do. Dave, do you feel strongly against adding the option?
or is it simply not worth your time? (which would be quite
understandable)

--
Guillaume
  http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info