Debian upgrade from 9.0 to 9.1?

From: Dagan <mail(dot)list(at)pro(dot)geek(dot)nz>
To: PGSQL-Novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Debian upgrade from 9.0 to 9.1?
Date: 2011-10-26 08:40:03
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi all,

I notice that Postgresql 9.1 is available in the backports for Debian
Squeeze. I note that it installed side-by-side with version 9.0, which I
already have running a small database.

Is there a best-practice for upgrading from one version to another?
Do I need to manually dump the database from 9.0, and import into 9.1?

Cheers,
Dagan