Re: little bug in the editor of 1.14 rc1

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Andreas <maps(dot)on(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: "pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: little bug in the editor of 1.14 rc1
Date: 2011-09-04 06:52:01
Lists: pgadmin-support

On Sun, 2011-09-04 at 00:26 +0200, Andreas wrote:
> There is a bug in the highlighting of corresponding brackets.
>
> If I click behind a ) it highlights the corresponding ( which is OK.
>
> But if I click behind a second ) it highlights the corresponding ( too
> but lets the highlighting of the first pair still on.
> So if one feels like it, one could highlight every () in the editor.

Doesn't happen to me. Which OS are you using? and if you're on Linux,
which version of wxWidgets?

> If I click somewhere else, it just erases the highlight of the last
> couple of ().

Obviously, it doesn't happen to me.

> If I click before a ( or a ), it doesn't react at all. Maybe thats
> intended as V1.10 and V1.12 doesn't react either?

Intended is probably a string word. Not cared, or forgotten, would fit
better.

Anyway, I added the code for that. Code that won't be in 1.14 though.

> And the pgAgmins before 1.14 rc1 are faster to find the other bracket.

Finding the other bracket is a wxWidget function. So I guess I can't do
much on this one. Is it a really big difference?

> it's no show stopper but I'd just wanted to mention it

Sure.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info