Re: Copy/Paste table(s) functions - git context patch

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Vladimir Kokovic <vladimir(dot)kokovic(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Copy/Paste table(s) functions - git context patch
Date: 2011-07-17 17:04:10
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

On Sat, 2011-07-16 at 15:45 +0200, Vladimir Kokovic wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Again, patch for Copy/Paste table(s) functions.
>
> Done the following:
> 1. Copy table/schema in the same schema
> 2. Thread implementation for copy table(s) operations

There's a really big bug (as in "segfault bug"). Try to copy a big table
(I did it with a 5,000,000 rows, 248MB table), and while doing the copy,
try to create a schema in the same database (it could have the same
effect with other objects, but I didn't try that). It just crashes. The
schema is available, but the new table isn't.

I wonder why you need a frmPasteObject at all. For the new thread? well,
anyway, if you have a frm*, it should display something. And I think it
would be great to actually show a list of objects that will be copied
and show the progress (as in "this table done, this table done, etc.").

Now that we can copy on the same schema, it shouldn't ask for an
extension, but for the complete name.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info