Re: Postgres over SAN/iSCSI

From: Bill Pennington <bill(at)whitehatsec(dot)com>
To: sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres over SAN/iSCSI
Date: 2008-06-05 17:28:50
Lists: sfpug

Thanks Fred we are already working on data partitioning but if I partition with DAS all the solutions I have seen involve downtime to expand the array out and I would like to avoid that is possible. Also using Cat6 cable vs SCSI/SAS cabling is appealing as well. This is for deployment in a co-lo rack so every inch of space counts.

Thanks for the DRDB ref I had not seen that before.

---
Bill Pennington
VP Services
WhiteHat Security Inc.