Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Use a latch to make startup process wake up and replay

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Fujii Masao <masao(dot)fujii(at)gmail(dot)com>, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Use a latch to make startup process wake up and replay
Date: 2010-09-15 17:04:11
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

> ... an unspecified patch with no firm delivery date.

I'm happy to post my current work, if it's considered helpful. The sole
intent of that work is to help the community understand the benefits of
the proposals I have made, so perhaps this patch does serve that
purpose.

The attached patch compiles, but I wouldn't bother trying to run it yet.
I'm still wading through the latch rewrite. It probably doesn't apply
cleanly to head anymore either, hence discussion.

I wouldn't normally waste people's time by posting a non-working patch,
the majority of the code is in about the right place of execution. There
aren't any unclear aspects in the design, so its worth looking at.

--
Simon Riggs www.2ndQuadrant.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
sync_rep.v3.patch text/x-patch 62.4 KB