What options in pg_Connect?

From: Alexander Schneider <alex(at)alexander-schneider(dot)de>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: What options in pg_Connect?
Date: 1999-06-23 11:08:45
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hello, I have a problem with Postgres 6.5 and PHP3.

I use the "pg_connect(host,port,options,username,pw)" function and if I
insert a row with a unique-constraint on a column and the constraint is
met the output to my browser is filled with error-messages from
Postmaster.

How do I supress these messages and handle them in my script?

Where can I find the right syntax for specifiying the options in
"pg_connect"? [The Perl-> DBI-way doesn´t work:
DBI->connect("dbi:Pg:dbname=$database",$dbuser,$dbpw, { AutoCommit => 0,
RaiseError => 0})]

Thanx for any help in advance.

See you
Alexander Schneider