Re: Continuent & pgsql-announce ... please do not approve

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Continuent & pgsql-announce ... please do not approve
Date: 2010-07-29 16:22:56
Lists: pgsql-www
On Thu, 2010-07-29 at 09:08 -0700, David Fetter wrote:

> > Come on people, good lord.
>
> No, *you* come on.
>
> This company has a long, consistent, and bad track record as far as
> unsolicited contacts for commercial stuff, i.e. spam.  Unless we're
> going to turn our lists over to spammers, that track record needs to
> have real, serious consequences.

No. You are jumping a cliff here.

Your personal spam problems are not a .Org problem. You got a problem
deal with it on your own personal spam solution.

Continuent did NOTHING WRONG (from a .Org perspective). They sent a
single announcement to -announce. A Moderated list. A moderator deemed
it was not appropriate. It was rejected. Exactly how it is supposed to
be.

Now please, get off your soap box, adjust your spam filter and do
something productive with your day.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

--