Re: pgUS at pgDay San Jose?

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Richard Broersma <richard(dot)broersma(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgus-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgUS at pgDay San Jose?
Date: 2009-05-06 16:54:22
Lists: pgus-general
> JD,

> It will be free.  Yes, I would like to recruit students to attend, but
> don't necessarily have the contacts to do so (San Jose State would be
> particularly apt., as it's within walking distance).
> There will be a party of some kind in the evening.
>
> Beyond that, nothing is set.  We don't even have a program committee
> yet; David, I and Elein will be on it but I don't know who else.

Josh,

O.k. on my side of things I have notified the User Group committee of
this event. Michael Brewer is taking lead on getting the ball rolling
trying to determine how they can help you. Robert Treat, David Wheeler
and Richard are all on that committee so you will have boots on the
ground.

I will also get in touch with San Jose State to see how we can get the
word out and get you some students to show up.

Someone from the User Group committee will jump into this thread soon I
am sure and I will report back as soon as I have some info.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

   503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/
   The PostgreSQL Company, serving since 1997