Re: SFPUG next week (Tuesday, Jan 13)

From: Jeff Davis <pgsql(at)j-davis(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: SF Postgres <sfpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SFPUG next week (Tuesday, Jan 13)
Date: 2009-01-10 19:09:19
Lists: sfpug
On Wed, 2009-01-07 at 22:13 -0800, Josh Berkus wrote:
> PGers,
>
> Who: Jeff Davis
>
> What: A *different* talk about streaming databases.  I'm not clear on how it's
> different from the one he did last year, but he promises that it'll be
> different.

Title: Streaming Database System Integration

Topics: Storing stream summaries in tables, joining streams with
tables, concurrency, isolation, consistency guarantees, how it all works
with PostgreSQL, and what could be improved in PostgreSQL.

directly into a mature, traditional database system -- PostgreSQL.
Streaming data is most useful when combined with persistent data: lookup
tables, stored summaries, or remote databases. Robust integration
between streaming and persistent data allows the full range of
capabilities you might imagine.

Regards,
	Jeff Davis