Re: apr integration

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bob Rossi <bob_rossi(at)cox(dot)net>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: apr integration
Date: 2008-05-20 00:30:46
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bob Rossi <bob_rossi(at)cox(dot)net> writes:
> On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 12:01:32AM +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> I don't know about Windows, but on Linux -lpq should always be enough (unless
>> you are linking statically). Everything else would seem to be a bug.

> Yup, linking statically.

Do you have a really good reason for doing that? Just about every
distro nowadays strongly discourages static linking, because it makes
it so painful to deal with bug or security fixes in libraries. (Red Hat
won't even distribute static libraries except in some special cases,
and libpq definitely isn't one of the exceptions.)