Re: [PORTS] Re: patch for minor Win32 makefile bug

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Jason Tishler <Jason(dot)Tishler(at)dothill(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Fred Yankowski <fred(at)ontosys(dot)com>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [PORTS] Re: patch for minor Win32 makefile bug
Date: 2001-04-04 21:19:38
Lists: pgsql-patches pgsql-ports

Jason Tishler <Jason(dot)Tishler(at)dothill(dot)com> writes:
>> I suppose that we might consider adding these libraries to LIBS not
>> DLLLIBS, but that's cleanup work that I'd rather not try to do under
>> time pressure (especially since I can't test it here).

> Can we commit my updated patch for 7.1RC3? I promise to help clean up
> the above for RC4 or final. Is this acceptable?

I just did commit your patch (plus some editorializing of my own, which
you should test ;-)).

I'd say that getting rid of DLLLIBS entirely is cleanup that we can
leave for the 7.2 cycle, if we do it at all. It does seem like merging
DLLLIBS into LIBS might be a good idea, but perhaps we'd best see what
emerges from Fred's NT service work before we take that step.

Current CVS also has a fix for the busted horology test, btw.