New shapshot RPMs (Nov 18, 2008) are ready for testing

From: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>
To: pgsql-announce <pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: New shapshot RPMs (Nov 18, 2008) are ready for testing
Date: 2008-11-18 22:08:19
Lists: pgsql-announce
Now we are moving close to 8.4, and we are in the final commitfest,
please join us for testing 8.4 release.

I just released new RPM sets, which is based on Nov 18 2008 11:00 PM
EEST CVS snapshot. Please note that these packages are **not**
production ready. They are for Fedora 9 and RHEL/CentOS 5. I have no
intention to push 8.4 development packages for older Fedora/RHEL/CentOS
releases, and also currently I do not provide (Open)SuSE packages.

These packages *do* require a dump/reload, even from previous 8.4
packages, because of a catversion update.

We have more than 400 testers using these sets. We need more people to
discover any bugs in 8.4 development version.

As usual, please find detailed info from:

http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org

A mini howto about 8.4devel release + RPMs is here:

http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/news-8.4devel-ready-for-testing.php

The tarball I used is here:

http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/srpms/8.4

(I will remove tarballs after a few weeks...)

Please report any packaging related errors to me. If you find any
PostgreSQL 8.4 bugs, please post them to pgsql-bugs(at)PostgreSQL(dot)org or
fill out this form:

http://www.postgresql.org/support/submitbug

Sincerely,
--