Re: BUG #3245: PANIC: failed to re-find shared loc k o b j e ct

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: "Dorochevsky,Michel" <michel(dot)dorochevsky(at)softcon(dot)de>, "Heikki Linnakangas" <heikki(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #3245: PANIC: failed to re-find shared loc k o b j e ct
Date: 2007-04-23 19:18:15
Lists: pgsql-bugs

I wrote:
>> Yeah, this is great, particularly since it includes the OIDs. However,
>> the OIDs don't seem to entirely match up with the LOCK_DEBUG output.
>> I'm wondering if somehow we're locking the wrong OIDs?

This may be a false alarm --- I had forgotten that relation locks are
taken at Parse or Bind time, hence the lock-grabbing associated with a
given command will be logged *before* the exec_execute_message log
entry. Still sifting through the log, but thought I'd better mention
this in case anyone else is equally confused.

There is one completely unexplainable bit here, though: I see no
evidence of LOCKTAG_TRANSACTION locks being taken or released anywhere
in this log excerpt. That makes no sense to me ... anyone?