Re: Git Repository for WITH RECURSIVE and others

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Git Repository for WITH RECURSIVE and others
Date: 2008-06-24 16:21:27
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 2008-06-24 at 07:55 -0700, David Fetter wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 09:52:22AM +0200, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > David Fetter wrote:
> > > Folks,

> > Unfortunately, the requirements have also been raised a bit (such as
> > allowing a user to delegate access to another user)
>
> Who raised those requirements, and where did that discussion take
> place? I don't recall any decision to do any of this by star chamber
> and secret cabal, and frankly, moving the goalposts on this is a great
> way to have it never actually happen. Is that your intention?

You could take your complaints to an appropriate forum, which is not
hackers. Then you could take it up with the people that are actually in
charge of the repository.

Lastly, you could also perhaps take the 10 seconds it takes to find this
page:

http://git.postgresql.org/static/serviceinfo.html

Where it tells you exactly how to participate.

Joshua D. Drake