Re: Postgres on Linux - was 'Complete breakdown of pgadmin when trying to connect to server or modify properties of tables of views'

From: Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)CommandPrompt(dot)com>
To: Andrew <archa(at)pacific(dot)net(dot)au>
Cc: Pgadmin-Support <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgres on Linux - was 'Complete breakdown of pgadmin when trying to connect to server or modify properties of tables of views'
Date: 2008-03-12 08:09:30
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hi,

On Wed, 2008-03-12 at 13:27 +1100, Andrew wrote:

> Which Linux distro's support Postgres releases the best? Which are
> best suited in a server vs. development suite of tools?

"Best" is a bit debatable, but Ubuntu/Debian and Fedora/RHEL/CentOS have
very good PostgreSQL support. I'm using both of these, and both sides
are doing good jobs.

Debian packaging project:

http://pkg-postgresql.alioth.debian.org/

For Fedora/RHEL/CentOS, there is an RPM repository that you can find 25+
PostgreSQL related package for any supported Fedora/RHEL/CentOS release
+PostgreSQL release combinations.

http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org

Regards,
--