[OT] Slony (initial) Replication - Slow

From: Ow Mun Heng <Ow(dot)Mun(dot)Heng(at)wdc(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [OT] Slony (initial) Replication - Slow
Date: 2008-01-03 03:15:23
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm just wetting my hands with slony and during the setup of the slave,
I did and dump and restore of the master DB to the Slave DB.

However during the startup of slony, I noticed that it issues a truncate
command to the (to be) replicated table. Hence, this means that there's
no such need for me to do a dump/restore in the 1st place.

can someone confirm this? It _is_ taking long time (for slony) to do the
\copy (~60GB in multiple tables being replicated, including (on the fly)
index creation)