Re: [RESENT]Implementing Replication via pgAdmin

From: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: "Daniel B(dot) Thurman" <dant(at)cdkkt(dot)com>
Cc: "Pgadmin-Support (E-mail)" <pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [RESENT]Implementing Replication via pgAdmin
Date: 2007-09-19 15:43:57
Lists: pgadmin-support
On Wed, 2007-09-19 at 08:28 -0700, Daniel B. Thurman wrote:

> >I see that my Master and Slave replication process is not
> >even running so at this point I am not sure how to start
> >them running.

Are the slons running? They should be started from the Services control
panel applet after the engines are registered. When they are, check the
connections on each server to ensure they have actually connected. If
not, check the log files/event log for error messages to see why not. If
required, modify the config files or pgpass files are required and
restart the slons.

If they are connected and running, check that you have listens defined
on each node in the cluster for every other node in the cluster (except
the admin node).

Regards, Dave.