Re: Proposal for new pgsqlODBC feature- hiding tables inaccessible to the current user

From: Mark Cave-Ayland <mark(dot)cave-ayland(at)ilande(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Hiroshi Inoue <inoue(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Proposal for new pgsqlODBC feature- hiding tables inaccessible to the current user
Date: 2007-06-29 13:42:48
Lists: pgsql-odbc
On Fri, 2007-06-29 at 08:37 +0100, Dave Page wrote:

> I don't recall (and I don't have access to them any more to check), but
> as we've had the current behaviour for the last 10 years or so, and
> no-one has really complained until now, I don't think we should risk
> changing the default - at least without checking for SELECT, UPDATE,
> INSERT or DELETE rather than just SELECT.
>
> Regards, Dave

Hi Dave,

Also just to clarify in case it's not clear - my preference is to keep
the existing behaviour by default (and allow the new behaviour as an
option), mainly to avoid breaking existing applications. I'm not too
worried about the argument as to whether it is the default behaviour or
not. As long as the feature can be included in the driver with a GUI
option to enable it, I'll be happy.

Kind regards,

Mark.