Re: New MySQL Journal

From: Devrim GUNDUZ <devrim(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>
Cc: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <jim(at)nasby(dot)net>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: New MySQL Journal
Date: 2006-06-15 20:44:35
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Hi Elein,

On Thu, 2006-06-15 at 10:37 -0700, elein wrote:
> Planet PostgreSQL is already a form of such on line magazine.
> Of course you know that.  Perhaps this is a call to have
> more contributions to there.

In fact, Planet should not only be formed with articles. It is dedicated
to PostgreSQL people; and there should be more informal writings there;
I mean less technical stuff. But all of our writers prefer to write
technical stuff :)

What I plan is using scribus (http://www.scribus.net/ ), creating some
templates with it and publish PDF magazines and send to subscribers. If
people contribute money to these, then all the money will be spent for
PostgreSQL, possibly through SPI.

For example, Robert and Greg will submit their articles to PostgreSQL
Journal ;)

There should be also a committee who will read the articles submitted
and decide whether they are worth to publish or not (We may reject
articles that does not contain valid information, for example).

I was planning this last year, but due to some communication problems I
had at those times, we gave up.

Regards,