Re: [Gforge-admins] Re: PgFoundry Move

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: gforge-admins(at)pgfoundry(dot)org
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Gforge-admins] Re: PgFoundry Move
Date: 2006-01-16 19:58:11
Lists: pgsql-www

Well, the problems with the current setup are well known, including:
- running on a machine that is sometimes rather loaded
- no separation of users / gforge , meaning we have had to restrict what
users / groups can do for security reasons
- unsupported (and in fact unknown) mailman version
- missing features like SVN support

JoshB and others have been working on a new box, that's true. But it's
been a very long time coming.

Joshua's offer is attractive because of the level of support promised. I
can certainly testify that when I screwed up the buildfarm badly, CP was
wonderfully responsive and we were back running with almost no data loss
within a couple of hours. Service like that is hard to beat.

cheers

andrew