Inheritance and Partitioning

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Inheritance and Partitioning
Date: 2005-10-09 08:59:52
Lists: pgsql-docs
I'm currently doing the docs for CE & Partitioning.

The ddl.sgml chapter had a section on Inheritance. I'm expanding that
section and splitting it into two:

INHERITANCE & PARTITIONING
   1. Table Partitioning
      Existing chapter, but with more detail of a general nature that
will be important information when we discuss...

   2. Basic Partitioning using Constraint Exclusion
      How to enhance inheritance with constraints to allow CE. How that
works to provide basic partitioning, with examples and long list of
caveats.

Any comments while I'm in progress? You will of course have another
chance to comment when I complete the patch.

Best Regards, Simon Riggs

pgsql-docs by date