Re: VACUUM/t_ctid bug (was Re: GiST concurrency commited)

From: Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)skype(dot)net>
To: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: VACUUM/t_ctid bug (was Re: GiST concurrency commited)
Date: 2005-08-24 15:41:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On K, 2005-08-24 at 15:52 +0400, Teodor Sigaev wrote:
> > Further I'm going to increase concurrency up to 12 parallel threads.
>
> All is ok, test is passed with approximatly 40 millions statements

I have sent a patch to patches list enabling concurrent vacuums to
actually reclaim space while another long vacuum is running, i.e.
vacuums won't no longer block each other from removing deleted tuples.

see:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2005-08/msg00304.php

Could you perhaps test this patch as well, while you already have a
setup for testing parallel vacuums under big loads ?

Or perhaps you can share the setup/scripts/data so that I could run your
test myself as well ?

--
Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)skype(dot)net>