Re: Wiki CSS

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Wiki CSS
Date: 2008-09-10 00:37:04
Lists: pgsql-www

David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org> writes:
> On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 05:23:18PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> IMNLO it would depend largely on how much material you were quoting,
>> and if it's so much that you can't be bothered to adjust the markup,
>> I'm a bit nervous.

> It's section 7.13 and 7.14 of the SQL standard,

Well, that's about 20 pages in the PDF I've got. I think if you think
that qualifies as fair use, you REALLY had better get confirmation from
a lawyer before putting the project at risk. My understanding of fair
use is that it probably stretches to a few paragraphs or so.

I think it would be a whole lot safer for you just to tell people
where to get the draft specs. They'd need it anyway in order to make
sense of all the terms that are referenced but not defined in these
two sections.