Re: 32-bit ints on 64-bit linux

From: Kelly Burkhart <kelly(at)tradebotsystems(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Kelly Burkhart <kelly(at)kkcsm(dot)net>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 32-bit ints on 64-bit linux
Date: 2005-03-21 19:28:59
Lists: pgsql-odbc

On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 09:25, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 3. März 2005 16:05 schrieb Kelly Burkhart:
> > I'm attaching a patch which fixes this, and some other questionable
> > sprintf format strings in convert.c.
>
> Do we have any evidence that the other ones are broken?

No, I do not.

I suggested that the other format strings were questionable based on a
reading of the glibc printf man page. Aside from the 32-bit integer
problem the other formats work fine in the unmodified form on the three
platforms I use.

Can anyone with a better understanding of the libc standard comment on
the "correctness" of the following lines?

int8_t i1;
int16_t i2;

printf("%d", i1);
printf("%d", i2);