Re: handlers for inline code

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: handlers for inline code
Date: 2009-09-28 00:48:59
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> I'm looking at creating a plperl inline code handler. I'd like to modify
> the new InlineCodeBlock structure slightly by adding a "trusted" flag
> and having the calling code in src/backend/commands/functioncmds.c fill
> it in. This will save every language handler that implements both
> trusted and untrusted variants from having to fetch the property. I
> hope  that seems reasonable.

Hm, I wonder if we should just have ExecuteDoStmt keep the pin on the
syscache entry a bit longer and pass the whole tuple?  Offhand I can't
see any other fields of the tuple that are likely to be wanted besides
the trusted flag, so I agree with your proposal; but I wonder if I'm
(again) not looking far enough ahead.