Using Java for Replication :-)

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Using Java for Replication :-)
Date: 2004-11-18 16:01:23
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

This is not a rehash of the thread that Josh wanted killed, but more a
pointer to a press release for "Daffodil Replicator", a java based,
multi-database replication tool. From the press release
(http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2004/11/emw179696.htm)

"The released code includes all capabilities of the latest version
(v1.4). These include bi-directional data synchronization, publish and
subscribe model with server and client architecture, conflict detector
and resolution algorithms and data synchronization between heterogeneous
databases that support JDBC drivers, triggers, procedures and
auto-increment columns."

Sounds spiffy; I wonder how it stacks up against our family of
postgresql specific solutions. if anyone has tried it out (or has time
to try it out) please let us know.

Robert Treat