Re: Site designs, upgrades, and Konqueror

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Site designs, upgrades, and Konqueror
Date: 2003-11-19 22:53:55
Lists: pgsql-www

On Wed, 2003-11-19 at 15:11, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Josh Berkus wrote:
>
> > Marc,

> > > Oops, fell out of this thread early ... what can't we do?
> >
> > I believe that I asked you & Robert (seperately) whether there was any way we
> > could set up the 7.4 announcements in advance (like last Wednesday) and only
> > "activate" them on Monday. I thought that both of you said that we
> > couldn't.
> >
> > However, it is also possible that we just didn't communicate.
>
> I don't recall the email *sigh*
>
> there is no reason why we couldn't have though, that I'm aware of ...
> you'd have to link them into the main page(s) the night before to give a
> chance for the mirrors to grab it, but as long as its not link'd in,
> unless I'm mis-understanding, then you should be able to do it ...

yes, you can do it on the main www page - we have an active bit for each
new item. however, and this must be where the confusion came in, josh,
when you asked me about it you were asking about the advocacy site,
which we can't really do, since the news item strings have to be hard
coded into the files in order for them to display... two thoughts on
that are that we could put the strings in though you would be able to
see them all on actual pages before hand and possibly we could do some
hackery with &test=1 type tech to only display with a manually passed in
url. personally i'd rather see the main site translation be done and
then deprecate the advocacy site...

Robert Treat