Re: 7.4 Features

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>,PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 7.4 Features
Date: 2003-10-08 04:13:47
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
The 'HISTORY' file in current CVS might be a good place to start: that
already highlights several of the new features.

On Tue, 2003-10-07 at 23:07, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>  Subselects that use indexes (hash joins)

Erm, I believe that's incorrect for several different reasons.

I'd talk about each of the items under the "Performance" heading in the
7.4 relnotes, and perhaps give some examples where applicable.

>  libpq thread safety

Hardly very exciting, IMHO.

>  Indexes no longer growing.

This is a big one, although you might like to note that according to
Tom, not all the cases of index growth might be fixed (there was a
thread on -hackers about this recently).

-Neil