Re: Update on replication

From: Greg Copeland <greg(at)CopelandConsulting(dot)Net>
To: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Update on replication
Date: 2002-12-18 03:08:48
Lists: pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 2002-12-17 at 20:55, Neil Conway wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-12-17 at 21:33, Greg Copeland wrote:
> > I do agree, GBorg needs MUCH higher visibility!
>
> I'm just curious: why do we need GBorg at all? Does it offer anything
> that SourceForge, or a similar service does not offer?
>
> Especially given that (a) most other OSS projects don't have a site for
> "related projects" (unless you count something like CPAN, which is
> totally different) (b) GBorg is completely unknown to anyone outside the
> PostgreSQL community and even to many people within it...

Part I can answer, part I can not.  Since I'm not the one that pushed
the projects to that site, I can't answer that part of the equation.
Addressing the part of your question that I think I can, I do like the
concept of one-stop-shopping for all PostgreSQL needs.  All Things
ProgreSQL is a pretty neat concept.  Of course, it rather defeats the
whole purpose if no one, including potential developers, have no idea it
exists.

--
Greg Copeland <greg(at)copelandconsulting(dot)net>
Copeland Computer Consulting