Re: PGACCESS Error Relative Path @ export table

From: Oliver Elphick <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: jlt(at)wvinter(dot)net
Cc: Brett Schwarz <brett_schwarz(at)yahoo(dot)com>,pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PGACCESS Error Relative Path @ export table
Date: 2002-07-31 23:51:48
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
On Wed, 2002-07-31 at 15:45, John L. Turner wrote:
> > > SO that leads to the bottom line Question:
> > > How does a user in postgresql obtain permissions to other directories ?
> >
> > This is at the OS level. Pgaccess is really only accessing the file via
> > the filesystem of the OS that you are running. You need to make sure
> > that the user you start PGAccess with has permissions for those
> > files/directories. For example, on Unix machines, you would use chmod.
> > If you are on a machine that is maintained by someone else, then you
> > would need to ask that person to set the permissions correctly for you.
> 3) I started pgaccess as user jlt ( normal user me ). @  /home/jlt
>    Within pgaccess, USERS tab, I added jlt (me) as a user.

Your own user name is irrelevant, because it is not you but the backend
which is trying to write the file.  Therefore the relevant user is
'postgres' (if that is the user that started the postmaster).

--
Oliver Elphick                                Oliver(dot)Elphick(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk
Isle of Wight, UK