Problems with truncated BLOBs

From: Mihael Vrbanec <miqster(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problems with truncated BLOBs
Date: 2001-11-26 01:25:48
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi,

I am trying to store different binary files as blobs in the database but
when I retrieve anything other than a text-file I get only a part of the
stored file.
The percentage of data I get out of the database varies from file to
file (68bytes of a 370k .doc-file, ~300k of a ~900k .bmp-file) but stays
constant for each individual file.
I am not using the postgres-extensions to the JDBC-API. Is this a know
issue or am I doing something wrong (large text-files seem to work
perfectly)??

I am using:
Linux 2.4
jdk 1.3.1