pg_select Equivalent in libpq

From: Ecmel Ercan <ecmel(at)linux-turkey(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pg_select Equivalent in libpq
Date: 2001-09-16 17:24:58
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

Hi,

I am new to this list so if I ask a dump question please forgive me :)

I am writing a GTK+ C program using libpq.

At some point, I need to process each tuple returned by the PQexec
SELECT query as soon as it is received. (Actually I like to insert them
in a table widget).

But when I execute PQExec, all the SELECT result is fetched first. I
have a very big table so I need to insert each row as soon as they are
fetched from the server.

The pg_exec function does this but it is in TCL library.

How can I achive the same result in libpq?

Thanks for bearing me.

Ecmel