Re: initdb of regression test failed.

From: "Hiroshi Saito" <z-saito(at)guitar(dot)ocn(dot)ne(dot)jp>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: initdb of regression test failed.
Date: 2007-10-03 02:37:27
Lists: pgsql-patches
Hi.

From: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>

> "Hiroshi Saito" <z-saito(at)guitar(dot)ocn(dot)ne(dot)jp> writes:
>> The database cluster will be initialized with locale Japanese_Japan.932.
>> initdb: could not find suitable encoding for locale "Japanese_Japan.932"
>
> So, what encoding *should* we use for that locale?
>
>> I think this is required....
>
> We are certainly not going to disable pg_regress's ability to test in
> non-C locales.  ISTM a proper fix is an addition to the table in
> src/port/chklocale.c.  This example suggests actually that we need
> a boatload more table entries to handle Windows locale names :-(
> (count on Microsoft to ignore standards...)

Ah Ok, Please check it.

However, This problem....
-
Running in noclean mode.  Mistakes will not be cleaned up.^M
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "hiroshi".^M
This user must also own the server process.^M
^M
The database cluster will be initialized with locale Japanese_Japan.932.^M
initdb: locale Japanese_Japan.932 requires unsupported encoding SJIS^M
Encoding SJIS is not allowed as a server-side encoding.^M
Rerun initdb with a different locale selection.^M
Running in noclean mode.  Mistakes will not be cleaned up.^M
-
I think that the check of this server side is the right action.!
I desire the further suggestion....

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito