Adding a stored number of minutes to a stored time

From: "Rob Richardson" <Rob(dot)Richardson(at)rad-con(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Adding a stored number of minutes to a stored time
Date: 2011-03-28 13:06:36
Lists: pgsql-novice

Greetings!

All of the examples I can find for adding a number of minutes to a
timestamp show the number of minutes being hard-coded in the query. I
have a table that has a column containing a starting time and another
column containing the number of minutes until the process will be
finished. I want to add the starting time and the number of minutes to
calculate the finish time. How do I convert the minutes column from an
int4 to an interval? Or is there a different way I should do that?

Thanks very much!

RobR