How do I use Npgsql to connect to a DSN?

From: "Rob Richardson" <Rob(dot)Richardson(at)rad-con(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-odbc" <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How do I use Npgsql to connect to a DSN?
Date: 2010-09-17 21:00:22
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-odbc

Greetings!

I like the layer of independence the use of a DSN gives me. I can run
an application using one database, and then without changing the
application in any way, change the DSN to point to a different database,
and it still works.

I am about to begin developing an application using the Npgsql ADO .Net
provider for PostgreSQL. I tried to specify a DSN in my connection
string, but the parameter name "DSN" was not accepted. Is it not
possible to use a DSN with Npgsql?

Thanks very much!

RobR