Re: Problem connecting to PostgreSQL 7.3 using pgAdmin II v1.4.12

From: "Dave Page" <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: "Lin Jianfong" <ljfong(at)hotmail(dot)com>,<pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Problem connecting to PostgreSQL 7.3 using pgAdmin II v1.4.12
Date: 2003-04-03 09:01:19
Lists: pgadmin-support
Hi,

On your windows machine, if you telnet to your server on port 5432, then
hit return a couple of times, what do you see? It should be something
like the following:

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\>telnet postgresql 5432

Trying 192.168.1.43...
Connected to nibbler.vale-housing.co.uk.
Escape character is '^]'.

EFATAL:  invalid length of startup packet
 Connection closed by foreign host.

Regards, Dave.