Adding notes against fields

From: Oliver Helm <oliver(at)blue-emu(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Adding notes against fields
Date: 2008-04-24 17:52:39
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

I was wondering if if is possible to add a note against a field on a
postgresql table?

For example when running "\d tablename" i would like to have and
additional column called 'notes' which i could add to by altering the
table. As the note would be field specific, not row specific i would
rather not have to do it with an additional column in the table!

I have tried searching though the documentation, but so far have no
found anything. Can anyone suggest whether this is in fact possible,
and point me in the right direction?

Many Thanks!

- Oliver