Re: RFD: schemas and different kinds of Postgres objects

From: Peter Harvey <pharvey(at)codebydesign(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: RFD: schemas and different kinds of Postgres objects
Date: 2002-01-22 01:39:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers
FYI: Applications like Data Architect would benefit from a consistent and
complete interface to the schema. For example; I found that we had to bypass
the DD views which exist (as I recall) because they did not give us all
information we needed. So we selected stuff from the system tables directly.
Yucky. Sorry I can not recall details but thought that I would mention this
here. The MySQL 'SHOW' statements seem to work pretty well and shields us
from changes to the system tables.

Peter