Re: UUID-OSSP for windows.

From: "Hiroshi Saito" <z-saito(at)guitar(dot)ocn(dot)ne(dot)jp>
To: "Scott Marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>, "Tim Uckun" <timuckun(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: UUID-OSSP for windows.
Date: 2008-02-27 04:44:38
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Scott Marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)gmail(dot)com>

> On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 9:44 PM, Tim Uckun <timuckun(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
>> Where can I get uuid-ossp for windows? Also where can I get citext for windows.
>>
>> These two are missing from the windows installer.
>
> Search the archives. There was a conversation about this in the last
> week or two. Basically, windows has it's own uuid, and there's a
> discussion on how to exploit that instead of importing uuid-ossp.

I enabled it to offer it after the joint work of one time with Mr. Ralf S.Engelschall.
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-02/msg00844.php
http://lists.pgfoundry.org/pipermail/pginstaller-devel/2008-February/001056.html

PostgreSQL is required for compile.(It is not regular.)
http://winpg.jp/~saito/pg_work/OSSP_win32/msvc/
However, It is publicly released as MinGW+GCC.
http://winpg.jp/~saito/pg_work/OSSP_win32/

Then, It is now exposed to verification.
I want to include in the next release.
Thanks!

Regards,
Hiroshi Saito