RE: [GENERAL] newbe question

From: Daniel Péder <dpeder(at)infoset(dot)cz>
To: "'Phil Oelkers'" <Phil(dot)Oelkers(at)experian(dot)com>
Cc: "'Pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org'" <Pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: RE: [GENERAL] newbe question
Date: 1999-08-24 16:22:14
Lists: pgsql-general

login as the root and at the linux prompt # type following
ps aux | grep postmaster

then You should get few lines containig one looking like that, notice the text "postmaster" at the end of line:
postgres 345 0.0 2.9 3376 904 ? S 12:31 0:00 /usr/bin/postmaster -
if not, then the backend server is not running - so it is not installed