More about large objects

From: "Gregory W Burnham" <gburnham(at)sfu(dot)ca>
To: <pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: More about large objects
Date: 1999-02-02 04:43:44
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
According to the postgresql docs, (at
http://looking-glass.usask.ca/postgresql/docs/postgres/largeobjects.htm)

Originally, Postgres 4.2 supported three standard implementations of large
objects: as files external to Postgres, as UNIX files managed by Postgres,
and as data stored within the Postgres database. It causes considerable
confusion among users. As a result, we only support large objects as data
stored within the Postgres database in PostgreSQL.

---------------

Now I'm confused.  From what I'd gather from earlier today, Postgres used
external files.  Are the docs that out of date?

Gregory W Burnham
Software Engineer
Excite Labs
Faculty Of Education
Simon Fraser University
Vancouver, BC, V5A 1S6
604 291 3615 (ph)
604 291 5679 (fx)

pgsql-interfaces by date

Next:From: Gregory W BurnhamDate: 1999-02-02 05:29:22