Re: SQL help

From: "Chad Thompson" <chad(at)weblinkservices(dot)com>
To: "Josh Berkus" <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, "pgsql-novice" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: SQL help
Date: 2002-12-13 01:08:18
Lists: pgsql-novice

> <grin> Personally, I frequently find that as soon as I explain a
> problem clearly, the answer becomes self-evident.

Thats exactly what I was hoping for.. but to no avail.

> Hmmm... you're saying that you want all lists for a client if their
> projects have no specific lists, but the lists for the projects if they
> do? Or something else?

Yes, thats it exactly.

> And, btw, Postgres doesn't use the "inner join" syntax. Are you sure
> that you're using PostgreSQL?

If it doesnt use the inner join syntax, then what would i use in place?
"inner join" works just fine for my queries.
Im using 7.2.0
Ive always understood inner join to be faster than

select col1, col2
from tbl1,tbl1
where tbl1.col1 = tbl2.col2

But my skill doesnt go far beyond that.