Re: cvs tip problems

From: "Joe Conway" <joseph(dot)conway(at)home(dot)com>
To: "Tom Lane" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: "Thomas Lockhart" <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: cvs tip problems
Date: 2001-10-01 15:50:50
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> > - First one is that the regression fails on "geometry" on what appears
to be
> > a difference in the 13th decimal place of the output value. See the
attached
> > regression diff.
>
> Looks like it was not you that changed, but Thomas' reference machine.
> What platform are you on, anyway?

Not sure if this question was for Thomas or me, but for the record:

i686 arch (AMD Athlon CPU), Red Hat 7.0 with lots of updates and a 2.4.2
kernel compiled from source.
test=# select version();
                            version
 PostgreSQL 7.2devel on i686-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC 2.96

> > - Second was on reloading my data, I got the following error message (4
> > times):
> >     ERROR:  operator class "timestamp_ops" does not accept data type
> > timestamp with time zone
>
> Oh, ye olde change-of-opclass-name problem.  I've stuck a hack into
> gram.y as we've done in the past, but I'm starting to think that we
> need a better answer going forward.  Maybe pg_dump could be tweaked to
> not dump opclass names if they are default opclasses?

That sounds like a good plan to me. I was able to rebuild the indexes last
night by changing "timestamp_ops" to "timestamptz_ops", but it sure wasn't
intuitive.

Thanks,

Joe