Re: RPM dependency on 'mx'?

From: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
To: Peter Hartzler <phartzler(at)sysplan(dot)com>, <pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: RPM dependency on 'mx'?
Date: 2001-08-22 15:30:13
Lists: pgsql-ports
On Wednesday 22 August 2001 10:08, Peter Hartzler wrote:
>         mx is needed by postgresql-python-7.1.3-1PGDG

> Running system is:
>
> Fairly complete install redhat linux 7.1 running on an intel processor,
> fully patched.  Existing postgresql install consists of postgresql v.
> 7.1.2-4PGDG; the following packages: perl, contrib, tk, jdbc, devel,
> server, libs, odbc, tcl, test, docs, and python.

Please see
http://www.rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/rawhide/1.0/i386/RedHat/RPMS/mx-2.0.1-1.i386.html
You will need to rebuild from source RPM at this time, or get the RH 7.1 mx
RPM from the v7.1.2 binary tree, as I believe  it is still there.

The dependency upon mx for the pgdb module has existed for some time; I just
recently was made aware of it so that it would be listed as a dependency for
postgresql-python.

The wild thing is that you can BUILD the pgdb module without mx
installed.....but you can't then use it.

Try an 'import pgdb' without the mx package installed and see what happens....
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio