How to restart postmaster after a violent shutdown ?

From: Gaetan GUYODO <gaetan(dot)guyodo(at)lrb(dot)ap-hop-paris(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How to restart postmaster after a violent shutdown ?
Date: 2001-08-01 10:43:03
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,
a few minutes ago, an electric fail... my computer had a violent shutdown !
when the electricity came back, I started my computer, and had no problem
(Linux SuSe 7.2 with ReiserFS partitions).
But the postmaster, who start automatically at startup, didn't !
Is there something special to do ?
I'm not sure, but I think Postgres and the postmaster were working, when the
electric-cut happends... updating datum.

What must I do, just restart postmaster, or clean some files, or do something
else ?

Gaetan