High load

From: Alexey Rodriguez Yakushev <alexey(at)serinbol(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: High load
Date: 2001-07-20 00:45:05
Lists: pgsql-admin
  Oops, i sent this message to pgsql-general. Well, now it goes to the right
place.

  Hi guys, i am managing the database server for several sites for my company
with postgresql 7.0.3 . These days traffic has been increasing and scripts
start to fail because too many clients are already connected.
  I'd like to know how many clients can handle 7.0.3 and if i can change that
limit. To solve the problem i will try following aproches:

 - Upgrade to 7.1.2 and increase the max number of clients, i think my
hardware can handle the requirements.

  - Use more than one database server.

  Do you think the first approach will work? If it is possible i'd love some
pointers to database administration manuals that could help me with this
issue. How do the guys at sourceforge handle such loads with postgres?
  BTW i am not subscribed to the list, could you send me a copy?
  Thanks a lot.

  Alexey

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Robert.FarrugiaDate: 2001-07-20 05:26:43