JDBC Support - prepared Statements?

From: Mariano Kamp <mkamp(at)codamax(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: JDBC Support - prepared Statements?
Date: 2001-07-03 07:06:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-jdbc

Hi there,

we are developing reporting software and want to support at least one open
source alternative to oracle. Things were going very smoothly with postgresql
and the only problem we are facing is the I get an exception stating that
with the current jdbc driver prepared statements are not supported (yet). Are
there any plans, probably even kind of time frames, when to support prepared
statements?

Even if postgresql wouldn't support preparing the statement it would be
nice if it would at least fake it, so that the API can be used. We are
relying on a third party component, which just can do prepared statements.

Thanks,
Mariano