Re: Kylix inerface

From: "Ken J(dot) Wright" <ken(at)cncware(dot)com>
To: "Balvinder Dhinsa" <Balvinder_Dhinsa(at)talk21(dot)com>, <pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Kylix inerface
Date: 2001-05-28 12:08:57
Lists: pgsql-odbc
On Wednesday 23 May 2001 05:37, Balvinder Dhinsa wrote:
> Hi,
> I have recently purchased Kylix for developing applications ( in particular
> a Billing system ) and would like to use Postgress if possible. Kylix comes
> with interface for MYSQL , DB2 , Oracle , and Interbase but does not
> mention Postgress.
>
> Is it possible for someone to advise me how to use postgress Please.

Go to http://www.freepascal.org
Then to the contributed units page. There is a postgres unit there that is a
pascal wrapper of libpq. It was originally written around 6.x. I don't know
if there have been any updates for the 7.x interface.

The following also showed up recently on the fpc list.

Name         : PostgreSQL Component Library (PGCL)
Author       : Simone Ramaccini
Email        : s(dot)ramaccini(at)tiscalinet(dot)it
Homepage     : http://pgcl.sourceforge.net
FTP site     :
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=25609&release_id=33362
Version      : 0.0.1
Date         : 01/05/01
Category     : Database
Supported OS : Linux
Description  :
An Object-Oriented, LightWeight library to access PostgreSQL backends.
You need postgres unit. Development still in progress.
Please, report any bug !